Sometimes life seems to be tougher than SEAL training! Being a follower of Jesus is like being a Marine, but it has a much bigger reward and honor. In our walk with Jesus we will face trials that will separate the faithful from the unfaithful, and strengthen the faith of those who are willing to obey. A faithful believer could be weak but God promises to give us the strength and protection we need. The trials have a double purpose: to test our trust in God and to increase it.
When I entered the Worship Ministry, the first thing I had to do was not to sing a hymn, but to clean the toilet! To clean a toilet is not difficult, but it exposes the heart, especially when you’re asked to do it in a house that’s not yours! That experience gave me a healthy sense of humility and a better appreciation of God’s call for my life.
It was not because of my talent that I was in the worship ministry, but because of God’s grace. It’s not about me, I’m not important; I’m just an instrument that has to be polished and calibrated, and it requires discipline. It might seem discouraging at times, but the outcome is a refined faith and a mature character.
My favorite part is when Admiral McRaven tells how our decisions can influence the life of others. If we understand it, we can change the world. God has given us that purpose!
That’s why I loved that speech!
In my next posts I'll be talking about what I've learned from every one of those life lessons.
Romans 5:3-5
"Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us."
1 comments:
Thanks! :)
Post a Comment