Mark 1:35
Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.
Proverbs 31:15, 22
She gets up while it is still night; she provides food for her family
She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
LESSON #1.
“If you want to change the world,
start off by making your bed.”
Making the bed is a simple task. It might not seem very important and it will certainly not be noticed by many people. But it is a powerful encouragement. Some of us want to bring glory to God by doing great things, and it is good, but we can start with the smallest job and do it well. Another little decision can be also to wake up early, when the alarm clock rings and not 20 minutes later. Those 20 minutes extra sleep are not worth the pain of starting the day in a hurry.
When I don’t have the energy to do a lot of stuff, I just do what I have to do, one task at a time. It has a healing effect on my mood. For me, a daily quiet time is more satisfying than having my bed done. If everything else fails, I still feel loved and connected to the Lord. Prayer and Bible study help me stay positive.

0 comments:
Post a Comment