Sunday, June 15, 2014

Lesson 4: Keep moving forward.




Philippians 3:12-14 
 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 32:3-7
When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long.
For day and night your hand was heavy on me; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer.
Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord.” And you forgave the guilt of my sin.
Therefore let all the faithful pray to you while you may be found; surely the rising of the mighty waters will not reach them.
You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. 


LESSON #4. 

“If you want to change the world
get over being a sugar cookie and keep moving forward.” 


One of the most deceitful thoughts is this: to fail is equal to BE a failure. That’s a destructive pattern; it keeps us from having hope. No matter how hard we try, we can’t control everything and we will certainly not succeed in everything. We will fail again and again, and things will get ugly more frequently than we wish. 
Our lives in this broken world are imperfect and we can’t change it, but we can choose that our imperfections won’t make us miserable. We can get over our past mistakes, not allowing them to determine our future. 
Being perfectionist and fearing exposure are enemies of the soul. In our minds there are insecurities and fears, most of them worse than reality. The humble heart is protected from those traps. When we accept our shortcomings, we allow God’s power and perfection to be sufficient for us. 


See the introduction to the 10 Life Lessons From SEAL Training and watch the video!


0 comments:

Post a Comment